Friday 16 March 2012

To Be Or Not To Be........... A Friend That Is

Making friends can be hard for a lot of people and it seems that keeping them can be even harder!.  It takes time and effort on both parts to come together and spend time getting to know the person and the friendship may take months or years to blossom.  In the early stages people need to feel they can trust you and they might disclose something to you in private so keep your word always when you say it won't go any further.   Let them also see the real you,  you might not like your laugh and feel embarrassed about it and you hold back, if someone is going to judge you on the way you express funny then maybe they aren't what you are looking for in a friend.  I guess the first few months of a friendship are a test, trust, honesty, kindness, looking out for each other etc.

Friendships will be on different levels, we can stay at knowing each other enough to say hello and a quick chat to those that run deep, those who become family.  So what makes it work, well I feel that you have to have respect for each other, enjoying each others company helps in a big way lol but also being able to gain  knowledge that you both have discovered over the years.  There are other mixes to add to the friendship pot that I know you will be thinking about right now, it's all about what works for you and your friend/s as to how much of a bond you have.

I do believe that we have Soul Families where throughout our many reincarnated lives we come together,  be it family, friends or someone we are just aquainted with and somehow we always find each other.   For example you are in your 30's and meet someone for the first time and it's like you've been best friends for years, you just click and everything falls into place, could be a Soul Family.

So what about those who are no longer our friends, whats that all about, well I do think that people come into our life for a reason and it usually involves lessons!.  Everyone will add something to your life whether it be a positive and wonderful experience or a negative one but it is how you deal with it that makes the difference.  We can outgrow relationships and I know it might sound awful to say it but we do.  It's about growing as a person, having a different outlook on life etc and there might come a point where your not the same  person you used to be and the connection becomes weaker.  It usually is sad when this happens but maybe you can still keep in touch.

Some will leave because they have issues to deal with in their life and you end up being in the fore front of their actions, we can't tell others how to deal with their world we can only give them our shoulder and let them know we are there for them but sometimes emotions take over and we see a side to them that is not acceptable and it is then that we need to think about walking away because no matter how much nonsense is going on in your life no one has the right to be nasty to you and spit feathers.  Talking doesn't always work either so for the sake of your sanity it might be best to say goodbye.

I've been blessed to have a few friends in my life who mean the world to me, I do believe we are Soul Family.  We respect each other and you can feel how deeply we care.  We've been there for each other when times have been unkind, given each other a shoulder to cry on and a ear to listen when we need to get off our chest things that irritate, sadden us.  Those who are true friends will love and care for you as you will them so hold them close to your heart like the treasures they are and let those go who wish to leave and take from them the lessons they have shared along the way.

Here's to Friends

Rachel x

© Rachel Curtis/The Faery Enchantress

5 comments:

Evalena Rose Moon said...

That's such truth. I had a complete best friend for years but as our children grew up out friendship changed an were grew apart its been years but I miss having that kind of closeness . I have learned a lot an don't trust easy so I have lessons I still am working on an so did she but I do hope to have a friendship that is that comfortable again some day. I have always been the type that rather have a few true friends than many ok ones .

Rachel Curtis said...

Hi Evalena,

So sorry to hear that you have experienced the parting ways with a great friend. I do hope that like you wish one day you can become friends again.

Rachel x

Unknown said...

Love your post. Sadly losing friends and parting ways is a part of the growing process. With as many moves as I have made in the military, I sadly make and break contacts all the time. Even the friendships I had growing up are not the same as they once were. We still keep in touch but the dynamic just is not what it used to be. Just a part of the way we grow as people.

Rachel Curtis said...

Hi Jamie,

Thanx my lovely. You are right, when we think about how many people have passed through our lives it can be a wow moment, some will leave a great impression and some not so but everyone leaves something.

Rachel x

kelley gabriel said...

hi it is very hard for me to make friends many have used me n lied to me n recently i had someone ive wanted to b friends with on facebook add me then delete me my hearts so broken can u add me as a friend look up kelley gabriel ok thanks